Thursday, June 3, 2010

Art Festival/Digital Story Telling Saturday Workshop

The trip to Brigantine was well worth it. We first went to The Rod and Reel for dinner. Good food and good company. It was a short drive to the Arts Festival, but an amazing experience. It brought back memories of teaching 7th and 8th grade. What fun! I especially enjoyed Italy. Verona, Italy is the home of Rome and Juliet. I have a photo of my mom standing in the Capulet's garden next to a bronze statue of Juliet. For good luck, tourist rub the statue. You can just imagine where the shiniest areas are located! We stopped to see Skype in action, but there were some "technical" difficulties. How well I know that feeling!
This morning (Sat.) was spent trying to add a video from a flip camera to Movie Maker. Five of us spent hours trying to find a way(s) to add a video. No luck! Until....Judi arrived with her personal lap top. Eureka! Success! Three hours later, we decided it was not possible to complete such a feat on the school computers. I then moved on to my web page. I felt pretty successful. Until.....Amy emailed me back to say it wouldn't open directly to the page. "What?" I said (and a few other no-no words). "But, Rita, you saw me open it." "Yes, I did", she said emphatically. "Whoa! Why am I looking at two screens at the same time?" "I think it's just too weary. Time to go home."
5 hours spent at school: $200.00
5 hours spent trying to implement one component: useless
5 hours spent with colleagues: priceless.

1 comment: